Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Finding the right Digital

I've been looking around, and I thought I found the camera that I was really looking for, however, the Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom is currently unattainable at reasonable prices.

I've done some research into some other makes, and I've found several other candidates.

$584
Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ30 8mpx with a Leica 35x420mm Image Stabilization lens & manual focus ring.

$579-799
Cannon EOS 300D Rebel 6mpx (EF mount) CMOS for upto 3200 ISO

$683-904
Cannon EOS 350D Rebel XT 8mpx (standard EF lens mount) CMOS 1600 ISO

unavail.
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom 7mpx

A Side by Side comparison.

I'm really getting tired of trying to find the best camera. I don't want the noise associated with inadequately sized sensors. Megapix now really just determines the detail, Noise is the real thing that I'm interested in, but I can't find a site that sorts camera's by a noise rating, unless you just go by sensor size. I'm thinking of just waiting until after the Holidays to buy.

1 comment:

Dallas said...

I agree, the search is frustrating. I've been keeping my eye out on a couple different models and I can't settle on one. Thomas has been talking about upgrading his next year, so maybe I can takeover his old one. I'd prefer to not have to deal with SLR, but it seems like the only way I'll get all the features I want. Good luck with your search - I've heard great things about the Rebels.