Sunday, September 24, 2006

vista


vista
Originally uploaded by cfpresley.
I found out while reading slashdotthat Microsoft was opening up their latest build of Vista, a post RC1 called 5728. I installed it on an unused partition to try it out, and while there is some nice Eye candy, it is a little buggy, and very bothersome with all the security prompts. It would ask me if I meant to run every single program I clicked on. It would not permit me to drag a file from my file server into my C drive, instead telling me to put it in my documents folder, then copy it once it's local. Just after playing with it for an hour, and not getting to in depth with it, I can say this. If XGL starts working better on Ubuntu, and Cedega becomes free, then I'd have no reason to upgrade to vista, except for perhaps to play Crysis.

No comments: