Saturday, November 04, 2006

Why the internet is cool.



For years now, when my mind wandered, I would sometimes think about a cartoon I used to watch, with music, and some Red and Yellow ship. Something in the show was called Master Blaster, and that is about all I remember from it, until today. I was googling around and I found that the show was called "Kidd Video" and it aired for 2 seasons in 1984 & 85, when I was just beginning Elementary School. I was able to find the lead-in on Youtube, but couldn't find any torrents of the seasons on popular torrent sites. Now if I could just find all the Robo-tech cartoons that used to play after school.

edit: Found a Youtube user that has uploaded several episodes and music videos. According to Wikipedia, these have not been broadcast since 1992, and are not in "print".
http://www.youtube.com/user/toolbot

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 18 of the 26 total episodes of Kidd Video. I'm trying to make my collection complete.. Kind of hard to make that happen because it's so rare.. You can IM me "regadubnla" on msn messenger.

Unknown said...

have u managed to find an *.mp3 of the intro track? i've had it stuck in my head for ages and i probably wore out the tape of recorded episodes i used to have and now i'm trying to find the track for download and can't for the life of me.

let me know.

Tex said...

I'm sure google can lead you to what you seek.

Or, just download the intro from youtube, and open it up in a .flv editor, and extract the audio track. Again, The almighty google will have the answers you seek.