Saturday, April 22, 2006

Super Sport

Friday was our unit's Pre-Deployment BBQ and Family day. While not as many people turned out as they should have, it was still a good showing. We were able to muster up a good game of Ultimate, with a pretty balanced team of experienced players and newbies. The game lasted for an hour, during which we did pretty well. After that game, I joined a pickup Softball game that ended up lasting until around 3:30. I batted 5 times, reaching a plate all times, but got home only three. I also caught a great outfield pop that went out toward centerfield. I was so surprised that I caught it, I just stood there looking at the ball, forgetting to throw it back in time to catch a runner on his way home. Its been a long time since I had fun playing base/soft ball.

No comments: