Thursday, July 13, 2006

On the road again...

I found out this morning that I'll be traveling to New Jersey in two weeks on a business trip. One of the things our new boss is particular about is saving money on travel... so much so that I have to depart from Atlanta instead of Montgomery. The good thing is that for $120 round trip, I can take a shuttle from my house to the airport. I also found $100 one way tickets on "not Delta grumble no skymiles" to Newark and back, so instead of $600 round trip tickets on Delta from Montgomery and $200 in mileage reimbursement and parking fees, I spend $320 tax dollars on "not Delta" tickets and a shuttle, but no skymiles. The sacrifices I make for my country. Now if only 100 million more government employees did the same thing, it might just make up for all the money lost to war profiteering done by Bectel and their no-bid Iraq contracts.

I also ordered the Helmet and Jacket online, saving over $70. The bike might be coming down next weekend.

No comments: