Sunday, July 09, 2006

This is a Motorcycle


I haven't been posting much. I don't know why, but I'm just not feeling it. A quick recap. I got back from 2 weeks at Biloxi MS, which was still pretty messed up from Katrina. I got back from a 4th of July 4 day weekend at the in-laws where we celebrated Brandi's paternal grandparent's 50th Anniversary. I also found out that my father-in-law wants to sell his '96 Yamaha XJ600S SECA II sportbike. It only has 3000 miles, and is in good condition with the optional lower fairing, and all the fruity decals removed. He's offered me a good deal on it, low enough to pay cash for it, and still pay off Brandi's car with money from my re-enlistment bonus. I just have to figure out how to get it down here, and what safety gear to get. Safe and Inexpensive are the most important factors.

I tried on gear at the local Honda dealership, and found a reasonably priced armored mesh jacket, and a flip face helmet. I found some gloves that I like, but after reading a recommendation about gel, had to pass on them. I also took my cousin's fiancé (interesting fact, fiancée is feminine) advice and tried Sentry insurance. I was quoted almost half of what GEICO or Progressive wanted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! It looks like I may have to take a ride out to Birmingham soon :)