Wednesday, May 31, 2006

2nd day of Basic Riders Course

We started out early, and we had finished our range evals by 1230. I aced the 20ft u-turn box, and only lost 5 total points because I stopped in 16 ft on the fast stop. I also missed 1 question on the exam for a 98. I think that the biggest contributor to my success on the range was the Dual purpose KLX-250 . It sat really high, infact, even standing over the bike, I was in complete contact with the seat. The instructors recommended that because of my size, I should be able to easily handle a 400-650cc bike. Now if I can just make myself wait until I can afford one.

I've also found that TX DMV accepts the MSF BRC as a motorcycle course, and I should be able to get a Motorcycle endorsement.

1 comment:

Dallas said...

If you get a bike, I'll send Thomas out your way to go riding, and Brandi and I go shopping. :) Or does she have any interest in the motorcycles too?