Friday, May 06, 2005

Live by the sword and what not

Kohl's Frozen Custard - Everything Else Is Just Ice Cream!

The latest finger biting incident at Kohl's frozen custard, (isn't that gelato?) has enabled another get rich scheme, I mean tort. The workers fingertip was sliced off, and being preserved in frozen custard, could have probably been reattached. But instead, this understandably upset customer chose pursue the get rich route over the compassion route. The finger biter refused to return the severed tip to the GM so that he could try and have it reattached to its rightfull owner.

If I were a lawyer, I would personally offer my services to the short fingered worker, so that I could sue the shit out of the asshole that wouldn't give the finger back.

It's this attitude that tort reform needs to fix, not caps on malpractice. It should be done in a supply side manner, punishing lawyers who encourage victims to with hold fingertips from being sewn back on, so that they can get their fee from whatever settlement.

1 comment:

Wendy Maybury said...

sing it, my brother!

this is Korean for "I completely agree!"