Sunday, August 14, 2005

Back from the hills

It's been a while since I've last posted. I recently purchased a 1987 volvo 740 Turbo, to use for getting to work, and I thought we would take it on a road trip, to keep the miles off of the Altima. The problem is, the 740 doesn't have Cruise Control, and it rattles and buzzes like it's about to fall apart. We drove up to Arnold AFB in Tullahoma, TN to visit Brandi's sister. We had plans to go out on the lake on Saturday, but it was overcast, so we went to the Jack Daniels distillery tour instead. It was quite interesting, and after seeing the giant charcoal filters they use for the Lincoln County Process, I know that the Brita filtering I use to improve the taste of cheap vodka is not unproven.

We got back fine, although we realized that gas had climed 10 cents in price since we left, friday evening.

1 comment:

Wendy Maybury said...

Yeah! Glad you're posting.. and glad you feel good about filtering your vodka. :)