Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sheehan drama

Cindy Sheehan is the mother protesting the death of her son by standing outside of the White Ranch, with the unrealistic demand to speak to the President. I can certainly sympathize with her loss, but just like Terry Schiavo's parents, she needs to move on. Her son was an adult, and he knew what he was doing. He had even re-enlisted, and as a re-enlistee myself, I can definitly say that I knew what I was getting into the second time around.

My point is, her son was an Adult, and he made adult decisions that lead to his death in a warzone created by Presidential bungling and/or deception. Mrs. Sheehan has every right to blame Mr. Bush for the situation in Iraq that was created after our meddling, but do not pull the innocent son crap. We are Soldiers, Sailers, Marines and Airmen. We are a professional all volunteer force that deserves respect, not just for our sacrifices, but for our decision to serve. There are plenty of ways to get out of the Army, and if Casey Sheehan had wanted to get out, he probably could have.

Perhaps Mrs. Sheehan is being exploited by the left, but it's not any different than Terry Schiavo was by the right. As far as I'm concerned, it is the same story, parent(s) upset by the loss of a child, unwilling to let them go. I really think that Mrs. Sheehan should follow the Presidents example and "get on with [her] life."

Did I just agree with the President? It must be the Nyquil talking. Just as two wrongs dont make a right, a right and a left dont make fair and balanced. We need more moderate coverage of situations in the blogosphere, not just on CNN.

No comments: