Sunday, October 16, 2005

Status update for 16 October

There are no pictures yet, I actually worked from about 11 to sunset today, getting all the plants in the ground. I spent about an hour digging up a big bunch of day lillys, and some other flower that's rhizome looks like ginger, and has a fan shaped cluster of bluish green grass blades. While doing that, a hawk landed on the ground about 20 feet from me, with a bird in its claws. It stayed there for awhile, I guess waiting for its lunch to stop flopping around. When it flew off with its meal, it left a big circle of downy feathers on the ground.

The weather was really nice today, and I got quite a bit accomplished, without much sweating. Now, all that is needed is pinestraw, a couple of white crape myrtles, and I'm also thinking about adding a Yoshino Cherry (pictured below) next to the tilting dogwood.

No comments: